During the February and March Parliamentary sittings, Ambassador Abdulhadi met with a number of Parliamentarians in the Australian Federal Parliament. The Ambassador expressed his appreciation for MPs who have shown support for Palestine, and commended their vision towards addressing the current situation in the region.
During the Parliamentary sittings the Ambassador met with various MPs and Senators to discuss a range of areas on the subject of Palestine.
Topics discussed included;
- The imprisonment and administrative detention of Members of the Palestinian Legislative Council
- The Palestinian Internationalization Strategy and use of Multilateral Diplomacy
- The negative impact of settlements in creating a de facto one-state reality on the ground with two systems
- The Palestinian effort towards state and institution building, along with democracy promotion and good governance
- Acknowledgment of the Labor party’s latest resolutions in support of the Palestinian cause at the national and state conferences
The Embassy aims to increase its presence at the Federal Parliament during 2016, and will place engagement with the new parliament following the 2016 elections at the height of its priorities