To apply for a Private Power of Attorney related to family matters, the following process applies:
1. Download and complete the appropriate template:
2. Send completed POA Template to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email outlining your request. The completed POA Template will be placed on the official Embassy letterhead and sent back to you to be signed and certified.
3. Sign and certify the POA. Please pay attention to ensure that you appropriately authorise a specific person in the West Bank. Also note that it must be certified by a Justice of Peace (JP) and signed by two witnesses as well as the applicant.
4. Send the completed and certified POA to the Consular Section of the General Delegation of Palestine with the following:
- Completed Consular Service Registration Form
- Copy of the relevant document certified by a recognised Australian/NZ Islamic body and other relevant organizations including the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) or the Aotearoa New Zealand Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT)
- 1 JP-certified copy of the first two pages of the applicant's passport clearly showing the photo, full name and passport number of the applicant
- 1 JP-certified copy of another form of photo ID e.g. Australian/NZ driving license
- A self-addressed Australia/NZ Post Express envelope, for the return of the documents to the applicant.
Documents must be sent using an Australia/NZ Post Express envelope to the following address:
Consular Section of the General Delegation of PalestineP.O Box: 4646, Kingston, ACT 2604
5. Payment of AU$50.00 per document can be paid via money order/Cheque/bank transfer and must be addressed to General Palestinian Delegation.
To pay by bank transfer, send to the following:
Account Name: General Palestinian Delegation
Account No: 495114842
ACT 2603, Australia
Please include your name into the reference section of the bank transfer.
After payment, please send a record of the transaction details (screenshot/receipt/etc.) to email@example.com
6. Once payment and all necessary documents have been received, the documents will be certified and returned to the applicant. After certified documents have been returned, the applicant is responsible for forwarding the documents directly to the authorized person in the West Bank.
Important Note: After all necessary documents have been submitted according to procedures, the processing time for document certification is 3 WEEKS. If 3 weeks have passed and your transaction has not been completed, please contact the Consular Affairs Department on 02 6286 9193 to follow up.